The Women’s WorldTour: News, Updates, Chirps

'Dale

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Breadcrumb suggestions that Team UAE is merging an existing women's team into their infrastructure and registering them at Worldtour level. Awesomeness.

Ineos-Sky, your move?

2 hours ago, buckstopper said:

Any space for the mathematician? 

The enigma with the Olympic gold. It appears that she is reviewing all kinds of professional offers from various teams and not budging at this point in time. 

She outsmarted the best of the best in Tokyo. Problem is it's still unfortunately a very male-centric sport and doesn't pay well for women yet. The UAE thing sounds super exciting. The SA connection there, S2S, means that coaching learnings can be passed back to SA, and also some of the up and coming SA talent can find a way abroad. AMP has had one of her best seasons and hopefully can keep going for a couple more.

7 minutes ago, buckstopper said:

... . AMP has had one of her best seasons and hopefully can keep going for a couple more.

The Cycling Podcast episode, Inside the Peloton where Mitch had a chat with AMP, she shared that this is her last year in the Pro Peloton.

Bummer. ????

But, sounds like she is setting up a nice Cycling Hotel in Spain, worth putting on the bucket list. 

11 hours ago, buckstopper said:

Any space for the mathematician? 

i stand to be corrected but i believe she is an "amateur"  by choice.  She use to ride pro but stopped. She is uncoachble and coaches herself. She does her own program and doesnt like to be "managed" (i am saying all of this as a positive in her favour).

21 hours ago, Vetplant said:

The Cycling Podcast episode, Inside the Peloton where Mitch had a chat with AMP, she shared that this is her last year in the Pro Peloton.

That sucks. She's still good enough and I was hoping to see her at the re-introduced women's tdf next year. sad she chose to miss that one, especially after doing so well at the Giro this year, she'd be a contender and almost certain QOM winner.

"When I was a little girl, I watched the Tour de France on television with admiration, and when I started my career,

I suspected that I would never have the opportunity to race in it”

Marion Rousse, newly appointed director of Tour de France Femmes aves Swift (title sponsor for the flourishing online platform 

And, so, it begins... wow!

spacer.png

The Tour de France Femmes takes in 1,029 kilometres and includes back-to-back mountain stages, two stages for the puncheurs, a stage packed with gravel sectors, and four flat stages that could either end in bunch sprints or breakaway wins. 

The route presentation at the Palais des Congrès was attended by a 3,000-strong crowd, including women's WorldTour teams and riders. The first-time event will start in Paris on July 24, 2022, and conclude on July 31 with a mountain stage atop La Planche des Belles Filles.

Sauce: CyclingNews

Flat, long, gravel, punchy, mountains ... we have it all! A well balanced tour with final Queen stage finishing up Super Planche des Belles Filles ... it will keep everyone on the edge of their seats until the very end. I can't wait to make history with

and

@ashleighcycling
Edited by 'Dale