[Event] WCAD Series: Leg 3: 50/100km Adventure Race

cfish50

Event Name: WCAD Series: Leg 3: 50/100km Adventure Race
When: 2 June 2012
Where: Glenbrae Farm, Valley Road, Grabouw., Western Cape
Category: Multisport

Facilities: camping, bathrooms, kitchen, showers etc. – it is a wedding venue, welcome to just bring a mattress and find a corner within the function hall.

Long course: ~95km (55 mtb, 15 trekking, 12 paddle, 5 orienteering) – R650 per pair

Short course:~50km(30 mtb, 10 trekking, 8 paddle) – R450 per pair

There will be an orienteering leg within the long course, but we will open the route for short course racers on the Sunday morning for free during a defined time period for those wanting to do it. (Note: Both courses still involve Navigation throughout)

Boats: will be available on a first come first serve basis, @ R200 per pair. We will try and secure more if limits are reached. Please email wcad@live.co.za to book a rental boat. We do encourage you to try and source your own boats as most boats are faster than synergies and so would give you an advantage.

Transition Point: Mofam River Lodge – normally we wouldn’t release details like this as it’s sort of giving away some big clues to the route, BUT there hasn’t really been much racing in this part of the valley before so it’s only really the locals who will be gaining. The real reason for putting it out there is because it is a fanbloodytastic venue and we’re really stoked that the owners there didn’t shoo us away when we revealed our crazy plans. This is going to be a very spectator friendly race, and this is a very comfortable place for family and friends to chill and observe, there will be food/drink service at the bar on the dam during the race. They have some really nice four star accommodation too, and they’ve cut us a nice deal for the race (R450pp bed and breakfast) so please mention the race when booking for the week-end. http://www.mofam.co.za/

Entries: Enter via links from www.wcad.co.za or directly from www.entrytickets.co.za

Go to Event Page