Value of Older Bikes

Caerus

Good Morning All, 

It's been a while since I have last posted anything on Bikehub. Since Covid, life has not been the same for me, I'm unfortunately a long Covid sufferer, and cycling has had to take a major back seat, and I have been out of the scene for almost 4 years now.

I pulled out my old 26" Giant XTR Hardtail Full Carbon ( Large) from storage, it was going to be converted to a 650B/ 27.5" bike, unfortunately, the funds seriously dried up, and I have other priorities. 

My question is this, is there still a market even for 26" bikes, what would it be worth, if any? Should I sell it as is, or break it up into parts? I just have no idea of the value of any more of the parts, or where to even begin. Everything has been well maintained and looked after,

I have attached the bike as it currently is. I also have pics of all the parts if I were to break it up.

All suggestions and comments are welcome, please.

Thanks, 

Caerus

20141011_140545.jpg

Edited by Caerus
Information left out

5 minutes ago, Caerus said:

My bad, I have edited the pots. It is a Large, Full carbon. 

I am going to send you a PM.

19 minutes ago, Toasted marshmallows said:

Ideal bike for a gravel conversion will it chunky 700c tyres. 9k

Edited by _David_

As much as the idea sounds great and very appealing. Right now, I unfortunately have to sell. 

I'm sitting with a similar bike - TREK 9.8 Full carbon 1 X 10 SRAM XO setup with RS Reba + remote lockout.

Was looking at flpping it and if i got between 6 - 7K i would be happy

@Madmarc - Thats kind of what I was looking at doing. Looking for around R5-6k, the parts are where the value is, I think, and it seems, the bike would make a decent gravel bike. 

1 hour ago, Caerus said:

@Madmarc - Thats kind of what I was looking at doing. Looking for around R5-6k, the parts are where the value is, I think, and it seems, the bike would make a decent gravel bike. 

I would do a Gravel conversion, but then i would want 27.5" Wheels but looking at the small gap on the chain & seat stays on the frame with 26" X 2.2 tires - There be no way 27.5 would fit. So it will sit until i flip it

31d52e03-9ce2-4772-b75f-cd83d56ad795.JPG

Edited by madmarc