Redstone MTB

Face Plant

Hi Guys

its almost time for the new redstone events to get underway, thought i would give you guys a headsup that the Redstone events are now going to be organised by Sprectrum sport so you can expect some high quality events coming up there.

the first MTB race is as follows

redstone.pdf

Redstone separates the boys from the men! The last race put me back in place!

Can't wait for the next!

Can't wait for the next!

tell me more??? are there a huge hill?

Can't wait for the next!

totally agree Smolster! that climb up the mountain kills you and the technical downhill gets the blood pumping BIGTIME there have been some serious involuntary dismounts on that downhill in the past but only when the ego takes over! there will be some changes to the route to keep it interesting but all round it will be a challanging race!! ...... just the way we like it

tell me more??? are there a huge hill?

To put it this way, only about 75 out of about 150 riders completed the 50km. I finished 4th or 5th last and had tears in my eyes when I saw the end.

Tough tough tough!

This should be a great event, awesome area to ride in and a real mtb course.

Great to see Spectrum Sport is now doing the organisation, they always do a good job!

This is such a fantastic race, one of the most technical and hair-raising routes in gauteng. See you guys at the finish line.

I remember this race we did it in January and was called "Crazy Croc", are we looking at the same sort of route? It was a tough one but seeing that finish line.. man oh man..

the 20Km race is actually 22.5 ish hence the long race being 45 Km, there are a couple of changes that have been made to the route, there are some technical sections but no Kamikaze down hills like in the past, but this is a MTB race so just ride within your skill levels and get off if necessary and it will be a great race!