Where to ride in/around Maropeng?

teampeanut

Hi all,

Could someone please advise me where to start a roadride from in/around the Cradle of Humankind area?

Heard there are bikelanes etc and need some serious km's before the 94.7 :whistling:

You can park at Stonecradle just off the N14, Avianto, Something Country or even at the Lion and Rhino aprk, I think.

You can park at Stonecradle just off the N14, Avianto, Something Country or even at the Lion and Rhino aprk, I think.

Stone cradle is a good place to park, it adds a 7 km stretch of road.

At the kloofzicht circle, you can turn either left or right and do a 'loop' of the cradle. For a bit more distance there are some extra roads that you can take, for example the Makiti road or the Elandsdrift road. Just be careful when using the road to Hekpoort (Maropeng) there is no shoulder on that road.

Here is a very rough description of the route. Doing the loop and going to makiti is just short of 60.

http://goo.gl/maps/2wY9V

Hi all,

Could someone please advise me where to start a roadride from in/around the Cradle of Humankind area?

Heard there are bikelanes etc and need some serious km's before the 94.7 :whistling:

Thanks for all the info.