Aqua Sphere googles defective?

Tom wells

I bought a pair of Aqua Sphere K180 goggles couple weeks ago from Sportsman Warehouse - I've gearing up for another IMSA training season and went looking for a higher quality and sleeker designed goggle than the Speedo I used this year. First few swims with the Aqua Spheres were brilliant - great clear lenses and very snug and comfortable. However - last week they began leaking during my weekly swim around the Emmerentia Dam - first in the right eye and then a few minutes later in the left eye! I had to stop in the middle of the dam to take a look (while my swimming buddy left me in the dust), and discovered than the rubber was separating from the plastic frame (it looks like it's glued on). So had to finish the last 600meters without googles!

I've attached a couple pics which clearly show the separation of rubber from frame - both left and right sides.

Anyone else experienced these goggles disintegrating after a few weeks of light swimming? What goggles would you guys recommend I replace these rubbish things with?

post-24982-0-31691300-1349338750_thumb.jpg

post-24982-0-10551400-1349338758_thumb.jpg

They appear to be failing due to a product defect so, on the plus side, you can return them for a full refund.

I've been swimming with the same model since IMSA this year and I haven't had any issues..... Aqua Sphere's stuff is good quality, I think you got a defective pair, I'm sure they will replace the goggles under warranty.

OR... Maybe all the crap in Emmerentia Dam ate away the glue ;-)....