Route change for the the Kia KZN Expedition

RED1408

Just read this now and wanted to spread the word

http://www.roag.co.za/enter-an-event/mtb/the-kia-kzn-expedition,-presented-by-outsurance.aspx

"Route change for 2012 Expedition

Heavy rainfalls have forced a route change for the 5th edition of the Kia KZN Expedition, presented by OUTsurance on Saturday, 10 November. Both the 40km and 80km distances will now start AND finish at Inanda Dam's Msinsi Resort.

Route guru Devlin Fogg is hard at work on the trails around Inanda Dam and the Valley of a Thousand Hills, reshaping the route to present a solid riding experience for both distances.

Although the event now can't get to Durban because of the river levels, the change actually creates better and faster riding terrain with less route "engineering" having to take place, which was always the case with the final 10km into Durban.

Riders in both the 40km and 80km will face beautiful riding terrain on a route that is rideable throughout. The organisers will release the new route information later on Monday.

The Expedition in its format over the previous four years has finished at Blue Lagoon, crossing the river three times, with the notable crossings at Mango and Island Rapids. The strong current in the overflowing river has made these crossings impossible this year."

I'm sure they will inform us about the change but rather sooner than later

Cheers

It seems they have changed it. I open we do get a confirmation via email. I would register the day before if possible to ask then...should be fun, didn't love the last one, too many portages.

We did the very first one of these. We spent a total of 1h45 standing still on the 70km route mainly because they started all the kids and old folks at the half way mark just in front of us.

We did the very first one of these. We spent a total of 1h45 standing still on the 70km route mainly because they started all the kids and old folks at the half way mark just in front of us.

Nooit bru, that's k@k