Team Intellibus - Glasgow Track World Cup 16-18 November

Chrispy

Realising the “Dream”

Coupe du Monde II / World Cup II Glasgow

The team known amongst the South African cycling fraternity as “The Bus” was formed in 2008 by team owner, Owen Lloyd, with the initial vision to create a platform for young promising track riders to launch their cycling careers.

After its inception in 2008, Owen, approached quality riders and riders that shared his code of ethics and desire to promote his vision.

In 2011 Team Intellibus was officially formed as a Top Club Team and initially the idea was to lay the platform for future results, however, 2011 was so successful that the vision and aims of the team had to be relooked at.

The decision was made that in 2012/2013 the main aim or “Dream” of the team would be to establish Team Intellibus as the most successful track racing team in South Africa as well as creating more opportunity for the riders to gain access to International Events, while keeping the ethics of the team intact.

This week Team Intellibus embark on making this “Dream” a reality, by sending some of the riders to their first UCI World Cup in Glasgow to compete against the best in the world, this is the next step in building the platform for future talent, with a view to sending more young talent to future international competitions.

The experience gained by these riders will be shared and handed down to the younger generation of talent already on the team as well as future talent being added to the team.

The riders going to Glasgow and their events are:

Boyd Roberts – Team Captain – Omnium

Reniéll Matthysen – Scratch

Jeanne Nell – Sprint & Keirin

Support Staff:

Owen Lloyd - Mechanic

Elna Lloyd - Masseur-Soigneur