Motorists vs Cyclists.... again

Terminator

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two sides to every story they say ....

The fact that pics were being taken of riders not in absolutely single file suggests that the occupants of the vehicle were not impressed to start with.

I doubt the hoot was just one of warning.

That said, and anything that transpired subsequently, doesn't justify in physical altercation.

Can't people all just be lekker ... there's enough other things to worry about.!

This sort of thing and silly season in general has seen me pack my bike away for the week.

I'll resume on the weekend when hopefully the pandemonium of Xmas week would have settled down a bit.

Edited by Thomo

Two sides to every story they say ....

The fact that pics were being taken of riders not in absolutely single file suggests that the occupants of the vehicle were not impressed to start with.

I doubt the hoot was just one of warning.

That said, and anything that transpired subsequently, doesn't justify in physical altercation.

Can't people all just be lekker ... there's enough other things to worry about.!

Agree, someone else's saying but still a nice one:  Don't be a dwis, be lekker !

Jeez.....

Ill enjoy the sound of his carbon bike frame and bones going snap crackle pop under my BF Goodrich AT's....

Lol...hardly any story there..someone cycling in the road...someone hooted...someone did something else...bit of pushy shovey...Just 1/3 of what actually happened...
No real outcome....Just Capetonians acting like like Gautengers...

But the FB comments, as always, are the real winners!  :thumbup: 
I liked this one....

He is just angry because he cant play golf....

Edited by Mojoman

Had 3 cars hooting(warning) at me this morning. On all 3 I was in the wrong (venturing a little to far into the lane. MTB habbit). Everytime a polite apology from my side resulted in a polite wave back.

My point ? If you make a mistake, own it ! Cyclist or motorist. Should defuse most situations.

If not, well you end up on facebook.

Lol...hardly any story there..someone cycling in the road...someone hooted...someone did something else...bit of pushy shovey...Just 1/3 of what actually happened...

No real outcome....Just Capetonians acting like like Gautengers...

But the FB comments, as always, are the real winners!  :thumbup: 

I liked this one....

He is just angry because he cant play golf....

Dropping a 72 year old isn't nothing.

Dropping a 72 year old isn't nothing.

Fair enough but its still a one sided story for me personally.......Maybe the 72 lost his footing ...or the cyclist gave him a roundhouse kick to the head....who knows....Hardly any info there but ja...its roadies...who knows.....

Edited by Mojoman

Hooting to caution and then stopping.  All indications are there is so much info not mentioned in that post.  No way I can make any assumption of what really went down.  The first picture is three cyclists riding behind one another.  Moving on.

Hooting to caution and then stopping.  All indications are there is so much info not mentioned in that post.  No way I can make any assumption of what really went down.  The first picture is three cyclists riding behind one another.  Moving on.

Reading the FB post:

Sorry but if it was that big dik oke in red he deserves the negative press and a klap

The next thing, my dad's glasses & phone went flying as he was grabbed by the neck & knocked off his feet to the ground!!!!!
All this in front of his grand daughter's!!!!!!

Unless the 75 yr old threatened him with a lethal weapon...