Advice Needed: Cervelo Soloist or R3 ???

Big JD

My vote goes to the CARBON Soloist...

like Popeye says.. NO question...

En ek trou more so ek kry TWEE votes!

Altwee fietse  skitterend!!  Kan nie met een n fout maak nie.

Ek sou se dat as jy n swak klimmer is die R3.  As jy n overall  vinnige ou soos fanie fiets is. koop die Solist

I test rode a Soloist a while back and hated it.  I really wanted to like it but I couldnt.  The ride was unbelievably harsh and very noisy.  The bike felt completely dead, I am sure it was stiff and fast, but it just felt dead.

Worst of all, my feet overlaped with the front wheel, I am a +-55cm frame size and have never has that happen before- it is just bad frame design.  A mate who is a very dedicated Cervelo fan (he probably has 5 of the things) didnt believe me, bought a Soloist and absolutely hated it- I am pretty sure he has sold it.

My advice- make sure you test ride the bike before you buy!

On the other hand, I have only heard goo dthings about the R3, but have never ridden one.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys,

Bought the R3 just over 2 weeks ago and switched out the triple crank for the standard Dura Ace double. Very very happy with it. Fantastic frame and although I miss my Campag groupo, the Dura Ace does the job!