Re Anodizing

darrenwilson

i would like to refurbish a tatty looking set of DT Swiss 240 Hubs and have them re anodized. does anybody know where I could have this done?

Chat to these guys www.astroholdings.co.za they redid my bars, great guys and super helpful. Cheap as chips as well

Just be mindful of bearing tolerances,

I'm not too sure how thick the coating will be, but the tolerances can be quite tight.

Let me know how it goes,

Been a project I want to do.

Cheers

Sam

Anodising will change the dimensions and possibly to a degree that will ruin the part depending on how long the part is cleaned/etched and which solutions are used to do so etc.

I've anodised various parts before and when it comes to areas with critical dimensions I silicone those areas first and once the silicone has fully cured I strip the part and then start the anodising process. So threads or bearing surfaces remain like they were and in 95% instances they are also not visible when the part is installed.

Edited by Brighter-Lights

Anodize is not a color layer on top so won't diameter and width or tolerances.

If it is anodized already they remove the anodizing effectively removing a layer of aluminium