Kyalami Riversands farm MTB trail about to be closed

Odders

As some of you may already know, Riversands farm and the joining property Inanda Fields in Kyalami have been purchased by Century Property Developments. They have applied to develop a light industrial development on the Riversands property and have started construction on the access roads for the development. As a result they have erected a fence around the entire property to limit access to the site which throws a spanner in the works for those of you who used to ride the trails through the forested area and along the river. It also means you will need to finds a new access route to get to Northern Farm and a through route between between Sun Valley and Helderfontein.

In the mean time the access gate on Rose Road is open but I'm not sure for how long. If riding there, please stay clear of the construction area where clearing work is being done as that will just aggravate the land owner. I'll keep you posted on alternate routes and trails in the area.