shopping for a new TT bike

reteid

Morning to all hubbers.I am in the mrket for a TT bike having completed a few triathlons this year and 70.3 a week or 2 ago.I have completed all off my rides on an old giant tcr hybrid with clip on bars.I am aware that fit is key so where do you start? It is easy to say ride a few bikes but not very practical.Wehere would one start to figure out what brand/geometry etc would work for you.I am 1.86 m tall,but built like and ape as my arm from tip to tip is nearly 2 m.what are the basics to look at before deciding?not in a hurry to buy.Any ideas would be appreciated.

An idea is to go for a retul fit. What they can do is recommend bikes that will fit your body. It is (I'm guessing) R1000 for a fit, but at least the bike you buy is the correct one.

Fisrtly your Ape Index (True thing Google it) has an impact on the setup not the size. Best is to have a measurement done at a tri shop, and let them recommend a bike. then go home and do your research, ie Reviews and geometries. Buy Bike :clap: Then have a proper setup done, like in CA if I assume right it would be Jeroen Swart, the good Dr knows his stuff.

thanks gadget.i look at the classifieds and nevermind the size i do not know whether to look at a giant trinity or a cervello or an argon or bmc or whatever.just need a starting point. will ggogle to find retul fit okes in and around cape town

wheelsuck i have been ridiculed for years in my family being ape positive 12 cm.i get back at them by smooth slow motion swimming.thanks for the constructive advice.