I am still a bit peeved about..........

widget

.............the "Shova" registration situation which got me to wonder if there are any stats freely available as to which "general area" supports "out of their area" races the most (ie) how many Gauteng cyclists support the Argus, Tour Durban, Shova etc as opposed to say Western Cape cyclists supporting the 94.7, Lost City, Shova etc.

I am gonna stick my neck out and say the majority of "travelling cyclists" (ie) supporting races out of their immediate province are from Gauteng, ...................but I am quite prepared to be proved wrong.!!

..................failing this proof, I will continue with this assumption.!

...................My next assumption will be, that if Gauteng riders are the biggest supporters of "out of province" races, how come the organisers find it quite acceptable to inconvenience us so much???

"Shova" race as a prime example.!smiley7.gif 

I am gonna stick my neck out and say the majority of "travelling cyclists" (ie) supporting races out of their immediate province are from Gauteng' date=' ...................but I am quite prepared to be proved wrong.!!
[/quote']

I am 100% sure that you are right in this assumption.
HomerSimpson2006-09-05 05:29:52

Would be interesting Widget. I know the Argus does it and surprisingly the W Cape beats other individual provinces for entries, only just ahead of Gauteng, but i'm sure the number of W Cape riders doing the up country rides is very few.

I actually checked out the possibility of doing the 94.7 and would have liked to take that train up that brings you guys down for the argus. But it doenst offer any 94.7 tours. 

..................My next assumption will be' date=' that if Gauteng riders are the biggest supporters of "out of province" races, how come the organisers find it quite acceptable to inconvenience us so much???

"Shova" race as a prime example.!smiley7.gif 
[/quote']

Because we are suckers and we let them do it.  If everyone who is inconvenienced by the number collection in Durban, write a letter to the organizers, I'm sure they will just have to listen, and act upon that. 

I actually did send an e-mail yesterday to the organisers about this, but have not yet recieved a reply.

94.7 and Argus normally publish those type of stats.  Think normally it would be in something like the Bicycling mag that they throw in your little "goody/crappy bag"

Oh, okay,I never read them Bateleur1 so I didnt know, I wonder if anyone has an old copy and wont mind wasting half an hour looking through it and letting us know........................................................ for the betterment of the "hubbing" society of course.?smiley4.gif

Sorry,  trashed mine as well, but normally do scan those things spesifically for that type of info.  Hang around for the 94.7.  I am sure that info will be published again.