[Event] Vulintaba Mountain Bike Series

LIV2RIDE

Event Name: Vulintaba Mountain Bike Series
When: 5 March 2014
Where: Newcastle - Vulintaba Country Estate, Kwazulu-Natal
Category: MTB

The event is staged on Vulintaba Country Estate 20 km from Newcastle on the D96 district road. This is a great family event with a club house and facilities to entertain everyone. Each race on the day is staggered though the morning. We encourage participants to enjoy the opportunity to cycle with a family member or a friend on the sub events after they have completed their race. The breakdown of the event as follow: The 40 km race is a virtual 40km single track. HARDCORE!! The circuit is shaped in a figure 8 in fairly close proximity of the clubhouse. Total ascent for the race is 1200m .

The 40 km race is definitely not for novice riders , the average rider can expect at time of 2:45 – 3:45. The winning time of the first two events has been set by young Barry Scott from Dundee in a time of 2:08 and 2:11 respectively. Though ruff and rugged the route is set on the amphitheatre of the mountain surrounding the estate. This is a race for the typical mountain biking purist. The final 4.5km descend down a section of Donkeys pass veering of with endless single track switch backs that will have every rider smile to ear to ear.

The 20km race has been designed for the novice riders. If you have just purchased you first mountain bike still unfit and unsure of your cycling abilities, then this is the race to kick start your cycling endeavour. This is a really easy route with the minimum of climbing this race will offer a lot of fun. The majority of this race is single track though we have also included some of path on the golf course.

The 5 km race is just for the young ones, limited to the concrete golf course paths but still giving you the opportunity to cycle with your kids.

3 May @ Vulintaba Country Estate 6:00 – 7:15

Entry form : download from the Vulintaba FB page

Inquiries: Chris van der Linde 079 89 39 49 5

Go to Event Page