When: 10 May 2014
Where: Paul Cluver Estate, Grabouw, Western Cape
Category: MTB

WC MTB XCO 2014

Western Province Cup #2 – Newsflash

Start time: 09h00

Saturday, 10 May from 07h00 until 09h00

Pre-entries: Online entries via www.RaceTraq.co.za

Manual registration at Paul Cluver Estate on Friday and Saturday pre-race.

Cost: Nippers & Sprogs @ R100/ All others categories @ R150

Go to Event Page

<b>Event Name:</b> WC MTB XCO 2014 Western Province Cup #2<br/><b>When:</b> 10 May 2014<br/><b>Where:</b> Paul Cluver Estate, Grabouw, Western Cape<br/><b>Category:</b> MTB<br/><br/>WC MTB XCO 2014

Western Province Cup #2 – Newsflash

Start time: 09h00

Saturday, 10 May from 07h00 until 09h00

Pre-entries: Online entries via www.RaceTraq.co.za

Manual registration at Paul Cluver Estate on Friday and Saturday pre-race.

Cost: Nippers & Sprogs @ R100/ All others categories @ R150

<br/><br/><a href="https://www.bikehub.co.za/events/event/1263-wc-mtb-xco-2014-western-province-cup-2/">Go to Event Page</a>

can we practice the route the Friday already?

Some advice please. I would like to try my hand at XC but never even ridden a XC course before. Is there a novice class to take part in?

Some advice please. I would like to try my hand at XC but never even ridden a XC course before. Is there a novice class to take part in?

i dont recall seeing that option on the entry list, i just did my first one as well last month & came 2nd in my category, if you can already ride a mtb & can handle yourself on the technical stuff then i reckon no need for a novice category.

alternatively pitch up on Friday test the course & see if you can do it & then decide to enter, thats what i would do if i was in your shoes.

alternatively pitch up on Friday test the course & see if you can do it & then decide to enter, thats what i would do if i was in your shoes.

Thanks, just not so sharp with gap jumps lol :oops:

as per newsletter there is no gap jumps, there wasn't in the first race either & if there was I think there need to be a chicken run, willowbridges gap jump has a chicken run. Edited by milky4130

willow bridge would need a whole separate chicken run course for me to ride there :)

Don't worry about the gap jumps, there will be chicken runs

Milky, are you still heading out for a practice lap today? Let us know how it goes and if the track is any good. I am still deciding between the XCO or the Trucape. Thanks.

Milky, are you still heading out for a practice lap today? Let us know how it goes and if the track is any good. I am still deciding between the XCO or the Trucape. Thanks.
hey Tim I decided not to make the trip from Cape Town, I'll just go early tomorrow morning to get a few practice laps in but I'm entered & have heard nothing from organizers yet to say that it's off.

I'm going so il report back. expecting a mud bath though.. a cold one
any valuable tips there Leona?