Avianto MTB Trails - THEFT out of vehicles

Deano75

Went to ride the trails at Avianto, Muldersdrift with a friend this morning for the first time. We parked at the Avianto Clubhouse went and paid and got the bikes ready and off we went.

The trails are nice, but on returning to the car park i saw a security guard standing in the parking lot who was not there when we arrived, having stopped at my friends bakkie he asked if it is my bakkie and said it's my friends, he told me they had broken in, smashed the back passenger side window. They were obviously scared off as they only took my backpack which was luckily empty on the seat and if they had more time i'm sure they would have stolen our wallets and jackets, shoes etc.

They also broke into a Land Rover about 3 cars away from ours and they stole a laptop.

This is definitely a huge red light for Avianto by not having security guards in the parking lot.

You go to these Mtb Parks exactly for the reason that you feel safe and know your vehicle is safe to, but obviously not. How are we supposed to enjoy being on our bikes and riding the trails when thing like this happen.

So people be careful when going riding at Avianto and parking on the Clubhouse side.

Edited by Deano75