Scott spark 35 carbon

Zaidee

Hi,

I need some advice and a overall view on the Scott spark 35 2013 model and what's a decent price to pay for it (2nd hand of course)

Can anyone advise?

Great bike, I used to have one a few years back. With 26" wheels not being popular at present, especially bigger sizes, sellers are not getting top dollar. Assuming good condition and depending on extra's, I would say definitely under R10k.

Great bike, I used to have one a few years back. With 26" wheels not being popular at present, especially bigger sizes, sellers are not getting top dollar. Assuming good condition and depending on extra's, I would say definitely under R10k.

Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate it, just one more q, would you advise to rather look for a 29er? Or is a 26er still a good place to start?

List the components less the wheels, frame and fork and see what the second hand value on the separate components come to. Should you feel like "upgrading" to a 29er / 650B these would be the items that you will be re-using.

Thanks for the advice! Really appreciate it, just one more q, would you advise to rather look for a 29er? Or is a 26er still a good place to start?

Personally I would not consider a 26" bike. Moving to a 29er changed my riding big time. Having said that, you get great value when buying a 26 these days. To match the spec of the Spark 35, you will pay more than double, possibly 3 times for a 29er. The lower spec 29ers seem to come with heavy wheels, making the bikes sluggish. So if you can afford it, spend the bucks and get a well spec'd bike. Alternative is to go for a 29er hardtail. Momsem, Silverback and Giant have some great value bikes at present, especially now with the new 2015 bikes being launched. Let us know what you end up doing Edited by ians

Thanks for the advice, really appreciate it, I can get the bike for under 10k which is within my budget so i think I'm gna go for it