Tour le Matlosana

corrie.kuilder

Who else is doing this 3 day stage race in Klerksdorp on the weskend of the 7th-9th November? This will be my first stage race,and although this not being a very long race,i am a bit nervous.

Who else is doing this 3 day stage race in Klerksdorp on the weskend of the 7th-9th November? This will be my first stage race,and although this not being a very long race,i am a bit nervous.

No reason to be nervous, are you from the area?I have opted not to do it, as it will probably end up being a dirt road race.

I'm from Gauteng,not klerksdorp area. Doesn't seem like a lot of people entered,which will probably be a good thing,as there won't be bottlenecks ect.

I'm from Gauteng,not klerksdorp area. Doesn't seem like a lot of people entered,which will probably be a good thing,as there won't be bottlenecks ect.

Okay. . I am from Klerksdorp, and there really is no reason to be nervous.. we are the platteland.. the bike park has a short steepish climb but that will be the hardest climb of the race.. Most of the technical stuff will be when you ride the prologue. Everything at the bike park is rideable, they've added some technical stuff there, apparently a couple of people have come short there.. terrain will be rocky with sand at places.

138 entrants so far - seems like it will be a good race with nice trails - the organzers are doing alot of work getting everything 100%

I'm not nervous for the route as such,just some of the arrangements such as accommodation,as the starting point everyday will be at different venues,and we are staying at klerksdorp dam. How is the accommodation at the dam @gen?

I'm not nervous for the route as such,just some of the arrangements such as accommodation,as the starting point everyday will be at different venues,and we are staying at klerksdorp dam. How is the accommodation at the dam @gen?

Hi.. I've never stayed at the dam.. but I believe the chalets and the rest is fine. Also I haven't been there in yrs, so can't say for sure what it's like atm) But really don't stress, kld is really only that big.. everything is within 15min from anything else.

Are you taking your family with.. cause I hear the accommodation at Faan Meintjes Game reserve is very nice and it's really very central to all the stage start points. But unlike the dam.. besides riding checking the game (it's not a huge reserve) there isn't too much to keep kids occupied while your ride. But would be perfect as home base. Lol

Edited by Gen

I hope the organisers manage to pull this off.. it's their first attempt at a stage race.. they really do try their best with the park and because it's so flat here there's not a whole lot for them to work with so lots of the trials require building things etc but they are very enthusiastic.

Think that prologue will be fun (night ride hey). hope they at least have descent gaps between the riders els the bull run may end up congested.

Ps don't mean to doubt them.. a lot of effort has gone in to it.. so I am sure it will go well.

Edited by Gen

looks lekker. 3 day 140km race costs as much as 1 day Juma 52km race hahaha. Same day as Cycle Challenge too.