Info on Vintage Raleigh

Warthog

Hi.

As said on other forums, I got a vintage Raleigh bike from my wife as xmas present.

It is a 26" old "dikwiel" with back pedal brake, and is actually still in really good condition- I have replaced the bearings front, back and bottom, serviced the rear pedal brake and replaced the very rusted chain. It's missing the fixed lever brake front. It has Dunlop 26 tyres on, bit perished from standing flat, but after I fitted new tubes, it's good to go.

My question is: where can I get more info on it? I would like to know the year and model, it has 3 different numbers stamped into the frame... It has the Raleigh- Vereeniging headbadge on, and an original 1962 bicycle license disc, but that's it. I'm looking to restore the bike, and would like it as close to possible to original, in appearance at least anyway.

I have surfed the web, and there a site called the Headbadge, but they are not responding to my emails. The rest is pretty buy and sell- sites.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Popped into a general trader in Tarkastad this holiday. He had his original dikwiel delivery bike on the floor. Not for sale as it's included in the shop which he is selling. Had an original Brooks Raleigh spring saddle. Very cool. Owner was very knowledgable. Unfortunately cant remember the shop name.