MRP Stage fork

Bizkit031

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm the guy with the Intense... [emoji6] I've had the fork for some time now (since sept) and 95% of the time was spent in Jonkers! I've had absolutely no problems so far and actually due for a service[emoji6] But keep in mind the 200 hour service intervals!

The ramp control puts the fork in a different class but it does take some time to find the sweet spot! The 34mm stanchions are more than stiff enough and even though the fork weights a bit more that the Pike, it makes up with the service intervals.

The fork is super smooth from the start and takes the big hits really good. It definitely saved me from some OTB action!

Maybe ask Muzzarati for an unbiased opinion as he had a run in jonkers with my bike.

If you want I will be back in Jonkers end of Jan if you want to test it out.

PM me if you have any other questions!

Pic of the MRP on my bike

post-36357-1421260480,2947.jpg

Marius I have just bought an MRP stage fork from Bibi, I am riding a Pyga oneten (29er). To start off I will say that I am no where near as experienced as many of the riders on the hub and im sure you could get better technical advise from others but I will add my experience anyway because this fork has put a smile on my face from the minute it was fitted.

My Short review:

I have done two rides, both with pretty technical rock gardens as well as fast flowy single track. I have also hit one or two jumps (nothing massive). My immediate reaction to the fork set up was that it felt way to plush in the upper end of the travel, it just seemed to be soaking up the small bumps way way WAY to well and I was worried that whenit got to the heavier stuff I might bottom it out. What a suprise I got when I started guiding it into the first few rock gardens, it soaked up the rocks with unbelievable ease and grace (and believe me I am not a graceful rider). I am a big guy (90kg) and my approach to rockgardens is more shoot  (a cannon) from the hip then slip between the the rocks gracefully. I rode into a rockgarden today with my usual gusto and abandon, before i realised it my back wheel was up at 45 degrees and i was sure i was about to bite some relatively hard ground, to my pleasure I felt the fork soak up all my pressure and my back wheel came back down to earth the right way round.

As I say, I am not a hugely experienced rider and my techincal knowledge is limitted but I am a big guy and I ride hard, this fork has litterally had me smiling at every corner, bump, rock, jump and hop that I have flown through at 80percent harder than I have ever ridden before. The fork just provides so much more traction than I am have ever felt on a bike.

I have never felt the pike but my brother (a better rider than me) has now ridden both. He has told me that the small bump performance on this fork is exceptional compared with the pike.

There is not much more I can say that the reviews on the MRP dont say. You must read about their ramp control feature (one I think might be the difference in the performance and appeal of the two forks).

I hope that helps.

Luke

Nice review,what di you have on before.

I had a recon on before so I was bound to find it a whole lot better, but man it is VERY VERY good. I will maybe ask two mates of mine who have pikes to ride it this weekend and ask them to give me an unbias review.

I had a recon on before so I was bound to find it a whole lot better, but man it is VERY VERY good. I will maybe ask two mates of mine who have pikes to ride it this weekend and ask them to give me an unbias review.

I'm on a Fox 120mm Evo 2011/2012 model so this will be a big jump in fork and travel,going to 140mm.

The pike is legend. No doubt about that. But it just seems like such an unimaginative choice when faced with something like this. I didn't even know mrp made forks until a few weeks ago.

I was too busy drooling over marzocchi's range of 350's. What excites me most about the stage is all this new technology that I dont even understand. If you are considering a pike simply because its the safe choice then its a no brainer.

STAGE

do it

http://static1.squarespace.com/static/5294d152e4b070faa7d36388/t/546e6e51e4b0f17b104fa991/1416523346786/stage.jpg?format=300w

You will be in for an absolute treat, I promise you, this fork is mind blasting;) Mine was also a 120 and I am loving the 140mm travel. The other epic thing about this fork is the fact that the travel is internally adjustable (120mm-150mm on the 29er and 140mm-170mm on the 650b if im not mistaken) so if you really wanted you could stay at 120 or slowly increase your travel as and when you want more. I would suggest go straight to 140, i will never look back.

The pike is legend. No doubt about that. But it just seems like such an unimaginative choice when faced with something like this. I didn't even know mrp made forks until a few weeks ago.

I was too busy drooling over marzocchi's range of 350's. What excites me most about the stage is all this new technology that I dont even understand. If you are considering a pike simply because its the safe choice then its a no brainer.

STAGE

do it

That's exactly what the Pike is for me safe choice and it has been out for a while but I am that type of person who likes to be different,kinda like my bike is not what every other person is riding and the Stage would be the same thing,brilliant reviews on it so far.

I'll start by posting a pic of mine and some of the cool dudes at the MRP USA factory.

fffffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrk

You will be in for an absolute treat, I promise you, this fork is mind blasting;) Mine was also a 120 and I am loving the 140mm travel. The other epic thing about this fork is the fact that the travel is internally adjustable (120mm-150mm on the 29er and 140mm-170mm on the 650b if im not mistaken) so if you really wanted you could stay at 120 or slowly increase your travel as and when you want more. I would suggest go straight to 140, i will never look back.

yea no question about it 140mm it is,150mm sound pretty good as well.

And Nick the legend of MRP USA 

http://reviews.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/MRP_Nick-1024x682.jpg

Same reasoning I had. Tried the pike and it was good, but it was missing something! The moment I hit the trail with the stage i knew I made the right choice. And its not like every rider you pass will have a stage :)

That's exactly what the Pike is for me safe choice and it has been out for a while but I am that type of person who likes to be different,kinda like my bike is not what every other person is riding and the Stage would be the same thing,brilliant reviews on it so far.

http://reviews.mtbr.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/MRP_Noah-1024x682.jpg

Archived