It is a hot summer day in France with temperatures of between 26-29C. Fortunately the wind has dropped and should not be a factor today.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's 160km stage heads into the Jura mountains with six nasty categorised climbs before the finish in Culoz.

Tsgabu Grmay (Lampre-Merida) is the first to attack but he is caught and Thomas De Gendt (Lotto Soudal) makes a move. He is chasing points to defend his climber's polka-dot jersey today.

De Gendt knows that there are 54 points up for grabs today on the six categorised climbs. The first climb starts after just 17km but the road is already rolling.

The peloton is lined out as the chase begins.

After a gradual climb the riders enjoy a descent and are all back together.

Vincenzo Nibali (Astana) is near the front of the peloton and also seems ready to join a break today.

????????????

148km remaining from 160km

The first climb begins in 5km. The Col du Berthiand - 6km at 8.1% begins very soon.

Tony Gallopin (Lotto Soudal) has a 50m gap but he is bring chased down as the climb begins to bite hard.

Nibali, Pauwels, Vuillermoz and Zakarin are trying to go clear as the climb hurts. They still have 4km to climb.

⚠️

Wilco Kelderman (LottoNL) is off the back. He's suffering after a difficult last few days.

Majka is now on the front, putting down lots of power to try to get away. He is going for the KOM points and perhaps

As the gradient eases, Zakarin has joined Majka up front, with a slight tailwind helping them go clear.

Pauwels chases Nibali to take some climber's points but Nibali kicks again to chase the two up front.

The duo have a 40-second lead but several riders are leading the chase as the road flattens again.

Archived