FREE for tourist, LOCALS must pay??

PVT_RYAN

So i decided to be adventurous and ride from Lower cable station all round to Rhodes, only to be cut short by a ranger (looked more like a car guard/ security) saying that i don't have a board and yes i didn't have a permit, and yes i was trying and i asked me to turnaround, which i promptly did. I normally do blockhouse anyway. But on the way back to the car park, i see and overhear this english couple getting the "lowdown" of the bikes they rented and that they cannot believe that all the trails are "free"!! They never had any boards on their bike!

So is it a matter of colour, prejudice or that their permits are included in their rental, coz they rode pass the ranger/ security with no problem. :thumbdown:

so why is it that we should pay for our own trails in our own city, but tourists get to ride it ride free?

Can someone please tell me if i am just "disgruntled coloured bra" :whistling: that has been refused a bit to many times :angry:  or that these bike rent places have an agreement with TMNP and the rangers know the guys? 

Firstly: Race has nothing to do with it. How on earth can a ranger know if you are local or a foreigner? Rather pull your finger in public than the race card. It smells better and its a good way to clear a queue.

Secondly: Next time thank the ranger for being there. Without him being there you would probably be flat on the ground with your bike and phone being liberated by the affirmative shoppers out there on the slopes

Thirdly: If foreigners are renting bikes and accessing trails without the required permits / boards, point them in the right direction for said permits. The bike rental companies also need a good talking to, and pulling of your finger for not informing their clientele of the procedure to obtain the correct permits etc.

Where does get a license / little board thing? Started to ride to work on that route in December. Haven't been stopped yet, but would like to preempt matters. 

Firstly: Race has nothing to do with it. How on earth can a ranger know if you are local or a foreigner? Rather pull your finger in public than the race card. It smells better and its a good way to clear a queue.

Secondly: Next time thank the ranger for being there. Without him being there you would probably be flat on the ground with your bike and phone being liberated by the affirmative shoppers out there on the slopes

Thirdly: If foreigners are renting bikes and accessing trails without the required permits / boards, point them in the right direction for said permits. The bike rental companies also need a good talking to, and pulling of your finger for not informing their clientele of the procedure to obtain the correct permits etc.

Thanks GLUVS

on the first point, maybe because he was talking afrikaans to me, HE made the first assumption. :ph34r:

Secondly, i have nothing against the ranger, he just never had the olive green TMNP GEAR and had a yellow and orange reflective vest.

Thirdly, when i overheard them, i did say something in passing, but the response was "Guys, don't worry about it, enjoy your ride!"

Thanks GLUVS

on the first point, maybe because he was talking afrikaans to me, HE made the first assumption. :ph34r:

Secondly, i have nothing against the ranger, he just never had the olive green TMNP GEAR and had a yellow and orange reflective vest.

Thirdly, when i overheard them, i did say something in passing, but the response was "Guys, don't worry about it, enjoy your ride!"

Do you know who the bike rental company was? Perhaps queries should be directed to them. If they are say bribing rangers to let their riders ride for no charge it should be investigated and dealt with.

Having good trails to ride on our doorsteps does not come cheaply, so people should pay their dues where appropriate, regardless of what the next guy is doing.

Do you know who the bike rental company was? Perhaps queries should be directed to them. If they are say bribing rangers to let their riders ride for no charge it should be investigated and dealt with.

Having good trails to ride on our doorsteps does not come cheaply, so people should pay their dues where appropriate, regardless of what the next guy is doing.

no, was a bit to peeved off to check the van, looked like a NV200 though. and honestly i was angry at myself for not going into town and getting my permit than them riding for "free"

Archived