• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The peloton start to snap with more and more riders distanced due to the high pace. The break, meanwhile about to hit the Kruisberg. As Lotto Soudal see another rider slip back from the main field.

Katusha are doing all the damage at the moment, showing their intent with 73km to go. There's Oss, bringing the BMC Racing team leaders to the front as well. The race is really starting to hot up now.

Still dry at the finish but the wind is picking up ever so slightly at the moment. The morning freshness is still there but the conditions are generally perfect for this time of the season.

6 climbs to come in this race but it's the fight for position before the climbs that's causing all the problems in the bunch at this moment in time. Rowe is there for Team Sky as more and more Tinkoff riders align around Sagaaaan

#OHN #Women less than 10km to go. Armitstead now leads solo, @gracieelvin back in the reduced chasing bunch

The World champ took top spot

Wow

NEWSFLASH

New world champion Lizzie Armitstead (Boels Dolmans) won her first race of the season at Omloop Het Nieuwsblad Elite Women on Saturday. The Briton soloed to the finish line after a late-race breakaway, holding off a group of chasers to take the victory. Her teammate Chantal Blaak came across the line in second place ahead of Tiffany Cromwell (Canyon-SRAM) in third.

As soon as this Trek rider pulls over it will be all Tinkoff on the front of the peloton. 68km to go and the gap to the break is now at 1'53.

The gap between the break is now at 1'17 and there's another tangle at the back of the peloton with Golas this time caught up. He'll need mechanical assistance after that.

The road thins so the French team have timed this move well. The gap to the break is now at 1'02 with 57km to go. We're now on the Taaienberg.

It's Rowe from Sky and he's created a gap as Benoot chases at the front of the peloton. Sagan has moved up too. No sign of Boonen or Etixx.

It's Oss and Sagan a little back on the Rowe move and the BMC rider isn't work with a teammate further up the road.

Sagan is descending and is about to make it to the Rowe group. The World champion links up with Rowe, Van Avermaet, Benoot and a couple of riders from the early break.

So Etixx have really missed out there. Benoot, Sagan, Van Avermaet, Rowe are all here. Etixx and Katusha are the teams that need to react to this.

Archived