Looking for Kempton Park riders

gavin1305

Go to Finish Line cycles next to Virgin Activein Dan rd. they have various group rides that leave from there on weekends and in the week. Various skill levels.

I often ride around Kempton Park although as I live next to it. There is a lot of foot traffic in Kempton during the week which carves out nice "single track" on the side of the road. Also sometimes hit the farm roads next to the R21.

I always do these rides alone though, so would be nice to join up with a club. Do these guys have info online about their group rides - or do I have to drive to the shop and speak to someone (unlikely to happen as I am lazy that way)?

I often ride around Kempton Park although as I live next to it. There is a lot of foot traffic in Kempton during the week which carves out nice "single track" on the side of the road. Also sometimes hit the farm roads next to the R21.

I always do these rides alone though, so would be nice to join up with a club. Do these guys have info online about their group rides - or do I have to drive to the shop and speak to someone (unlikely to happen as I am lazy that way)?

#DominionZA. To spare you the trouble.  There are Mtb rides from Finish Line every Saturday morning.  One group leaves at 05:00 (might change soon due to Autumn sneaking up on us).  They ride between 60-80km and average around 23-25km/h.  The next group leaves at 06:00 and ride between 50-65km at an average of 19-22km/h.

Hope this helps a bit.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Gavin.

Another option on offer.

We are starting the mine dump rides again in Benoni on Saturday.

We leave from Procycles at 06h00.

30 - 40km at the pace of the slowest rider. This is fun and enjoyable and great for skills development.

If you feel inclined, we my finish off with a lap of the Benoni Country Club trail and a coffee afterwards.

Everyone welcome.

Hi Gavin.

Another option on offer.

We are starting the mine dump rides again in Benoni on Saturday.

We leave from Procycles at 06h00.

30 - 40km at the pace of the slowest rider. This is fun and enjoyable and great for skills development.

If you feel inclined, we my finish off with a lap of the Benoni Country Club trail and a coffee afterwards.

Everyone welcome.

will this ride be starting tomorrow? may be keen to join on this ride...

will this ride be starting tomorrow? may be keen to join on this ride...

Yep. Tomorrow morning.

Procycles

63 5th Avenue, Northmead, Benoni

Look forward to seeing you there  :)

• 2 months later...

Hi Pete. Apologies. Have been away. Do you guys still ride from the shop? Is it always around 30km. Just started out and been away for a month so not sure if I could keep up.

Archived