Drakensberg

Darren van Deventer

Hi guys couple mates and I are planning a trip to the berg for a day of MTB where is the best place to go for good technical single track with good downhills? We don't have GPS so will need to follow route markings

The KZN section of the Drakensberg escarpment is 260km long.....so, as Griffin asked...where are you headed for?

In the northern part ....All Out adventures has some nice trails of mild to middling technical difficulty with some spectacular scenery.

In central area there are some trails in the Champagne Valley area. I havent ridden them yet.

In southern area near Underberg... Sani Spoors offers some nice reasonably technical trails that have regrettably been made a bit safer and less challenging over time.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

100% correct...

- Sani Spoors has some awesome trails.. and they gearing up for Drak Descent in Jan so bound to be in good condition

- Central Berg is Mountain Splendour  and Dragon Peaks areas. Mnt Splen has some great trails and Dragon Peaks has some awesome, well marked gravity trails. Dragon Peaks also has heli-riding for the Enduro fans :) 

- All out Adventures has some proper berg riding that will take your breath away .. literally !

We don't mind we will go to any part of the Berg the gravity/ enduro stuff sounds like a plan

Cool.. Dragon Peaks area sounds like it will suite you then. 

check out the clip at 

Archived