[Event] Sappi Howick MTB Classic

Griffin

Event Name: Sappi Howick MTB Classic
When: 5 March 2017
Where: Howick High School, Kwazulu-Natal
Category: MTB

40,20 and 10km routes available.

The SAPPI Howick Classic is our highlight of the year. It is the oldest race on the KZN Mountain Bike calendar and one not to be missed. The race offers several different events -40km Classic, 20km Intermediate (Sun) and Enduro! Don't let the 40km distance fool you....this is a very tough event and is often described by participants as one of the more challenging they have ever ridden!

Howick Mountain Bike Club boasts some of the most technically challenging and tough singletrack in the Country. This is RAW and UNPLUGGED Mountain Biking at its best!

Go to Event Page

• 2 weeks later...

Hey G.

Sorry about the late reply.. been out clearing and marking.

I have a route map but am hesitant to make it publicly available at this stage for 2 main reasons :

- Sappi is harvesting in several areas and riding there is dangerous. We have assurance from Sappi that harvesting on race day will be suspended but prior to race day the areas are out of bounds

- The route is not yet fully marked

If there are any specific queries (eg how technical is the route) please feel free to ask and I will happily advise