Majic Forest Entrance

Pah Bear

Hi Cape Town MTB community. Drove past Majic Forest over the weekend and noticed the construction work at the old entrance. Could not immediately see if the old access points were still available. Hoping to do an early Majic Forest dash tomorrow. Anyone have any info regarding if access to the old route has been affected by the new construction and if so, can one still get access to the route and how does one gain access? Appreciated

Hi , I've been there about 3 weeks ago and assuming things havent changed just take a walk further up along the road from where the old entrance was. Theres a security booth infront of where the 'new' entrance is. Its not too far so you can still park your car at the usual place and take a stroll up the road.

Hi , I've been there about 3 weeks ago and assuming things havent changed just take a walk further up along the road from where the old entrance was. Theres a security booth infront of where the 'new' entrance is. Its not too far so you can still park your car at the usual place and take a stroll up the road.

Thanx for the update. Visiting tomorrow so hope to have a good run. Will update on changes.

If you can, check the TMBC Facebook site as there were clear instructions and directions there a lil while ago.

Can someone please copy and paste it here for us who don't have Fb? I have tried to open the public page but it froze halfway down.

The current entrance is through the vineyard adjacent to the hotel, there is a signboard up at the entrance and the pathway is marked out with red and white barrier tape.  Go past the old entrance towards the hotel and you will find it.

The current entrance is through the vineyard adjacent to the hotel, there is a signboard up at the entrance and the pathway is marked out with red and white barrier tape.  Go past the old entrance towards the hotel and you will find it.

Correct. Was there this morning and the old entrance used to be on the FAR LEFT and the central gateway more or less in the MIDDLE of the grape vines.

The entrance now is on the FAR RIGHT next to what looks like a guard house. It's kinda unexpected where it is because it's right in the working area where heavy machinery is operating. The pathway from the pavement is covered in heavy haulage vehicle tracks to the red and white barrier tape. Once past this point the pathway upwards is more defined and directly next to the Protea Hotel fence.

So if all else fails, the path is behind the hut next to the fence on the far right area of the field.

Archived