Trails in Tzaneen

Grease_Monkey

Hi all,

I'm heading up to Tzaneen for the weekend with a friend. We need to get in some good milage (maybe 100km on Sat and 50km on Sun). Very keen to spend the majority on single track and techy mtb trails if at all possible. I have heard there are some amazing trails with jumps, drop offs and other features, and have even explored the area a bit on previous occasions but ended up getting lost and just riding district dirt roads. I am not so keen on a repeat of that experience. 

Can someone maybe recommend where to start or even better point me in the direction of some gpx files to download? We are going up to Tzaneen just to cycle, so we have the whole day on Sat to ride and want to make the most of it...

PM Hubber by the name of Remfactor, he has built some awesome trails in Tzaneen and might be able to advise on others routes as well. 

Thank you, I will do.

When I was there about 18 months ago, the Magoebaskloof area also had some pretty well defined and marked cycling routes. I think a bunch of them started at cheerio gardens and some of the others were at Standford Lake Lodge. I'm sure if you go to either of those places and ask a few questions you should be put on the right track.

Hi,

I will be available to show you around the "enduro" trails in Tzaneen on Saturday if you like!!!

Those are the ones we want to see. So I am definitely going to take you up on that - thank you!

Will send you a PM.