MTB Touring in KZN

nofuss

Hi there,

as we don't know the area between Harrismith and Pietermarizburg at all we wonder if someone can help us with some advice. Are there any amazing back routes going through? Which one would that be? From a Western Cape perspective we will be able to ride between 60 and 100 kms and ca 1500elevation gain per day. I googled the "KZN Meander" map but it seems to be more for motorbikes and is not really helpful for cyclists if one does not know the area. We have about 5 - 10 days time which ideally we would leave the car at one spot, spend cycling from farm to farm or town to town to explore...and back to the car a couple of days later.

The other alternative would be travelling by car and just stopping at famous MTB trails such as Little Switzerland Resort, Valley, Howick.... down to Rocky Bay and Clearwater Trails. But this only is Plan B.

Looking forward to hopefully get some answers.

Best regards

Ines

Hi there,

as we don't know the area between Harrismith and Pietermarizburg at all we wonder if someone can help us with some advice. Are there any amazing back routes going through? Which one would that be? From a Western Cape perspective we will be able to ride between 60 and 100 kms and ca 1500elevation gain per day. I googled the "KZN Meander" map but it seems to be more for motorbikes and is not really helpful for cyclists if one does not know the area. We have about 5 - 10 days time which ideally we would leave the car at one spot, spend cycling from farm to farm or town to town to explore...and back to the car a couple of days later.

The other alternative would be travelling by car and just stopping at famous MTB trails such as Little Switzerland Resort, Valley, Howick.... down to Rocky Bay and Clearwater Trails. But this only is Plan B.

Looking forward to hopefully get some answers.

Best regards

Ines

Hi Ines,

I have been doing this very thing for quite some time now and would be more than happy to help you out.

Send me a mail on kevin@therideguys.co.za and we can chat further.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

Kevin