[Event] Walkerbay Xtreme Valley MTB Challenge

WalkerbayXtreme

Event Name: Walkerbay Xtreme Valley MTB Challenge
When: 28 April 2018
Where: Old Harbour, Hermanus, Western Cape
Category: MTB

Starting in the Old Harbour precinct, the Valley Xtreme MTB Challenge will take a ride from sea to heaven and back.
The trails were originally purpose built for the Cape Epic, but have since been expanded for some seriously awesome riding! Throw together 1,300m of climbing (long route), exhilarating vineyard trails, technical terrain and sweet single track snaking along the Onrus River, and you are set to enjoy a MTB Challenge of epic proportions while being rewarded with unbeatable views.
The trails are diverse and can be enjoyed by all levels of skill and fitness. However, we advise you to only enter the 55km race if you are an experienced and skilled mountain biker.
VALLEY XTREME / URBAN XTREME R20 000 PRIZE COMBO: Participate in both the Valley Xtreme AND Urban Xtreme, and stand in line to win cash prizes after the Urban Xtreme.

Go to Event Page

Edited by WalkerbayXtreme

7am Start is brutally early if travel time from Cape Town is taken into account. I will try to make it but I think I will not be able to get up that early :(

• 2 weeks later...

The 55km was one tough ride in the middle of MTB heaven with lots of punchy climbs and fast descents. One minute you taking in the amazing views and fresh air the next you flying down a segment called Bucky the mountain bike slayer just waiting for your bike and bones to shatter into a million pieces.

Really great trails and a cool event will be back again. :thumbup:  :thumbup: