Joburg to Bloemfontein by MTB

karelm

Hi there,

I'm looking to travel from Joburg to Bloemfontein by MTB. Mostly on gravel roads from Vredefort onwards. To Vredefort, I do realise that most travel will have to be done on tar.

Can anyone assist with advice on possible routes?

Regards,,

Edited by karelm

Just looking at google maps, a large chunk of it can be done on gravel if you are willing to zig-zag across the Free State. Sounds like it could be a great trip though! Let us know what routes you decide on and how it goes!

Try to plan your trip so that you can spend the weekend of 15 September in Bothaville! Then you can take part in the best Mountain bike event in the Freestate. With more than 40 km single track on the 65 km route. The Two River MTB Challenge forms part of the 2 Rivers festival and promises a whole weekend of fun. https://www.bikehub.co.za/events/event/3298-2-river-mtb-challenge/

As the maize capital of South Africa Bothaville offers some very good guuest house accommodation.