IDT Cassette question (10 spd Campag vs. 10 spd Shimano)

boink

Morning Hubbers

I recently bought a Elite Suito Smart trainer that ships with a 11 Spd Shimano cassette.

My IDT bike is currently running 10 spd Campag. (I have been using a wheel on trainer the last few months)

Seems Elite Campag free bodies are not easy to find and only due in SA sometime next month. (Happy to be corrected on this) https://nsquared.co.za/collections/trainers-1/products/freehub?variant=22739160563797

The current plan is to install a 10 Spd Shimano cassette with spacer, use my existing Campag chain etc. and see how it goes.

Anyone have a view on whether this is a plan that may or may not be a good idea?

Thanks!

Mike

It will work OK, but you may get some chatter on one or other end of the cluster.

Campy cassettes use variable spacing between the sprockets while the shimano sprockets are set at a fixed pitch, so the campy deraileur will be 'off' on some of the sprockets. It will probably sound a lot like a well tuned Shimano setup.  :ph34r:

The difference is quite small on 10s and negligable on 11s sprockets.

My current setup on the IDT is a Shimano 10s cluster with a Campy 11s gruppo, which is working just fine (although somewhere in between 1 and 11 there is a missed shift)  

Edited by 100Tours