Silverback Sido 1 cracked frame

tessend

Hi

Looking for some advice on a Silverback Sido 1 that has developed a crack in the frame on the top tube next to a weld. Will Silverback replace the frame at a reduced cost or should I get it repaired.?

regards

Dennis.

Hi

Looking for some advice on a Silverback Sido 1 that has developed a crack in the frame on the top tube next to a weld. Will Silverback replace the frame at a reduced cost or should I get it repaired.?

regards

Dennis.

Are you the first owner? Is it still in the warantee period? Silverback are normally extremely helpful, and there was an issue with the sido being a little thin in some areas.... So have a chat and see what they'll do.

Aluminum repairs are possible, but need a skilled and experienced welder who can weld and temper the metal for you, then you're looking at at least a touch up paint job too... If it was me, and Silverback were unwilling, i would first approach my insurer to assist after the incident that caused it to crack, or write off, sell for parts, and find a new, perhaps stronger frame...