Force 1 Rear Derailer - Short or Medium Cage?

JulienR

I have a force 1 Rear deraileur (11 speed). I think its a medium cage but am not 20210819_200647.jpg.657cbcd7af4e0fc6b6241bd7a9c7e318.jpg20210819_193114.jpg.ddd3d87f09d6947e19143998844130b5.jpgsure. I am planning a 1x build but dont want to invest in the rest of the Force kit until i am sure...

The internet is helpful but not that helpful - there is no definitive model number on the deraileur and there is no indication of what a medium cage length should be. 

I have attached some pics and also measured that the space between the two pulleys is 60mm

Any help / advice would be helpful

That definitely looks like a short cage.

I was an early adopter of the Force1 groupset and had a similar issue with the rear derailleur working with the cassette that I wanted. It’s quite easy just to change the cage. I used an XX1 derailleur cage to extend the range on my Force derailleur. I believe any Sram 11 speed MTB derailleur cage should work. These cages aren’t too hard to come by and you’d be able to convert from a short cage to long cage.