Mavic Crossmax ST hub repair

Tothehills

Hi Hubbers

Can a loose Mavic crossmax ST rear hub ratchet ring be repaired?

The ratchet ring turns inside the hub.

My rant

I purchased these wheels from a fellow hubber (DevonHolmes) a while a go for a future bike build. Well the time arrived approx 4 weeks ago

The rear wheel was sold without a free hub. Then it arrives without a rear axle too! He did not know what the difference is between a freehub and axle. Long story - short, ordered all the parts required to complete the wheel from Mavic (R 2,800), only to find the ratchet ring inside the hub is loose. I did give him an opportunity to respond, maar hy is nou soos mis voor son!

Passop vir Mnr Devon Holmes

hub.jpg

You'll need a new hub body for that I'm afraid, the thread that the drive ring screws into is stripped.

Dragons may have something knocking around in their warehouse, otherwise a wanted ad in the classifieds will probably turn something up.

16 minutes ago, droo said:

You'll need a new hub body for that I'm afraid, the thread that the drive ring screws into is stripped.

Dragons may have something knocking around in their warehouse, otherwise a wanted ad in the classifieds will probably turn something up.

Thanks

On 8/29/2022 at 12:42 PM, Tothehills said:

Thanks

On 8/29/2022 at 12:25 PM, droo said:

I have a  damaged rim on my Mavic Cosmic Carbone wheel. Not sure if you can use this hub (road wheel)?

Edited by Ripryder
spelling

5 hours ago, Ripryder said:

I have a  damaged rim on my Mavic Cosmic Carbone wheel. Not sure if you can use this hub (road wheel)?

Thanks

Judging by this drawing, I'm not sure it will work.

How did you damage your rim?

Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLE/Cosmic Pro Carbon Exalith 2013-16 Rear Right 10 Units

I'm really not sure how the rim got damaged. But I rode the wheels for about 10 years and they were brilliant. I have a pair of Kysirium sl's that I bought in 2005 that I'm still riding on today.