[Event] Top of the Waterberg Gravel Ride

alanvc

Event Name: Top of the Waterberg Gravel Ride
When: 29/10/2022
Where: , Melk River, Limpopo
Category: Gravel

Lindani Game & Lodges will once again be hosting our annual Top of the Waterberg Gravel Ride on the 29th of October. We have three routes planned: 130km, 42km, and 16km, which will take you around the beautiful Waterberg escarpment. In addition to riding with wildlife on Lindani, those doing the 130km and 42km will also be treated to riding a beautiful new section through Jembisa private reserve as well. 

https://youtu.be/yxxwmPDI8xY

Date:              29th October 2022

Venue:           Lindani Game & Lodges (Motseng lodge), Vaalwater, Limpopo

Less than 2 ½ hr drive from Pretoria

Distances:      130km (Ages 19years & older)        

42km (15years & older) 

16km (All ages)

Terrain:           Gravel Road and Jeep tracks. Gravel Bikes will be fine on all the terrain but some sections are better suited to mountain bikes.

E-Bikes welcome

ENTRTY 

Enter online on EntryNinja or ROR events

https://www.entryninja.com/events/78219-top-of-the-waterberg-gravel

130km -  R470

42km –   R350

16km –   R250

All Entrants will receive a pair of custom VERSUS socks and all finishers will receive a Top of the Waterberg medal

Online Entries Close Midnight Wednesday 26th October 2022

*CSA sanctioned Event for 130km and 42km Distances*

*CSA license applies. R50 day license for non-licensed riders*

*Late entries at the venue*

Number Collections & Late Entries

Date               Friday 28th October 

Time                16h00 to 18h00

Venue            Lindani Game & Lodges (Motseng lodge, gate no1

Date               Saturday 29th October 

Time                05h00 to 05h45

Venue            Lindani Game & Lodges (Motseng lodge, gate no1)

PRIZES

All finishers will receive a Top of the Waterberg Medal.

There are some fabulous prizes up for grab for the overall winners of the 130km & 42km:

130 km

·       1st Men overall – 2 nights stay at Jembisa private reserve for 4 people in Samia Cabin 

·       1st Lady Overall – 2 nights stay at Lindani for 4 people out of peak season in either Bushcamp, Thabeng, Impala or Bushbuck cottage.

43 km

·       1st Men overall – 2 nights stay at Lindani for 4 people out of peak season in either Bushcamp, Thabeng, Impala or Bushbuck cottage. 

·       1st Lady Overall – 2 nights stay at Jembisa private reserve for 4 people in Samia Cabin

Podium Presentation for the different categories of the three distances (no cash prizes)

EVENT PROGRAM

Saturday 29th October

·       06h00              130 km

·       08h00                42 km

·       08h10                16 km

Depending on the number of E-Bike entries, the organiser’s will use their discretion as to whether E-Bikes will start 10min before the start of each distance or together.

Prize giving and podium presentation will take place once all categories of a distance have finished

ACCOMMODATION

·       Lindani Game & Lodges – There are many self-catering lodges, a luxury tented camp as well as camping to choose from. Book online www.lindani.co.za or contact the office on 083 631 5579 or info@lindani.co.za for list of options

·       Jembisa – There are catered and self-catering options available. For catered options book online at  www.jembisa.com or for self-catering options book online at www.waterbergselfcatering.com, or contact the office on 082 570 8474 or reservations@jembisa.com for their special race rates.

·       For a comprehensive list of other accommodation options in area contact the Lindani office on 083 631 5579 or info@lindani.co.za and request for the list of places to stay for the race.

** Be sure to book your accommodation early as there is another fund raising school event happening in Vaalwater on the same day **

RACE CONTACT DETAILS

For any further race queries contact Alan 073 179 4313 or Dom 083 289 5451

Go to Event Page.