[Event] Luxliner Route 66 3-Day MTB Experience

Leverage Corporation

Event Name: Luxliner Route 66 3-Day MTB Experience
When: 01/03/2024 - 03/03/2024
Where: Valverde Eco Hotel, Northern Farm, Gauteng
Category: Mountain Bike

Back for the fourteenth year in a row, we welcome you to the biggest and most popular stage race in Gauteng, The Luxliner Route 66 MTB Experience.

Perfect training for Epic and perfect “Altitude Training”. 

And don’t forget about how good this event will be for your legs if you are training for the KAP Sani2C, or our very own Investec Great Kei Trek.

A three-day, MTB Stage Race in Gauteng. It’s tough, it’s fun, and incredibly rewarding, and it’s back in 2024.

Day 1 - 74km

Day 2 - 88km

Day 3 - 60km

(See website for more detail on route maps)

Start Venue Details

Day 1 – Start: Valverde Eco Hotel, Muldersdrift – Finish Mount Grace Hotel & Spa, Magaliesburg

Day 2 – Start & Finish: Mount Grace Hotel & Spa, Magaliesburg

Day 3 – Start & Finish: Mount Grace Hotel & Spa

Special Announcements

• Stage 1 starts at Valverde Eco Hotel on Friday and then one venue from Friday afternoon for the rest of the weekend. The Mount Grace Hotel & Spa. Book a room, find a B&B, but logistically, much easier
  • New routes and additions for all three days - time to visit the “Hurt Locker” every now and then
  • Breedt’s Nek still part of the route - both up and down - This applies to the 3-day MTB Experience only, and not the gravel riders
  • Route 66 will take place 2 weeks before the ABSA Cape Epic - your last training race.
  • The Ultimate in Altitude Training just before Epic

Got your interest? Good! So what’s included and what’s not.

What’s Included

• Absolutely unbelievable riding – great single track on Day 1, some technical challenges and stunning scenery. 
  • Be Warned! Stage 1 and 2 are not a walk in the park (especially with Breedt’s Nek (for 3-Day riders only) being part of the route on Stage 2
  • Route 66 is a must if you love the joy of stage races and are looking to train for the ABSA Cape Epic, the KAP Sani2C or more importantly, The Investec Great Kei Trek, taking place in May 2024
  • A professionally planned and managed route
  • Free tog bag transport, courtesy of Luxliner Coaches, from the Start to the Finish at Mount Grace on Day 1. (3-Day riders only)
  • Complimentary Bus Shuttle service for all 3-Day riders by Luxliner Coaches from the finish at Mount Grace back to the start on Day-1
  • The Cog & Sprocket at Mount Grace, will be selling food and refreshments and more
  • Shower facilities at the finish venue, The Cog & Sprocket
  • Good TLC all along the way
  • Goodie Bag, including race shirt for all riders and a race cap for the 3-Day riders
  • Complimentary Bike Wash
  • Secure overnight storage for your bike
  • Technical support on the way
  • Lucky draw prizes and race medal
  • If you would like to have a friend, partner, significant other join you for the post-race lunch at Mount Grace Hotel & Spa on Sunday the 3rd of March, the cost will be R250 per adult, and R150 per child under the age of 12. You can purchase your lunch tickets when you enter online
  • One of the best and most enjoyable stage races in Gauteng ever…

What’s Not

• Accommodation and personal tech support – you need to look after the logistics here and make your own arrangements. (See the Mount Grace Hotel & Spa specials -

Go to Event Page.