2016 Cannondale Lefty XL Triangle

chris007

Hi, is the rear triangle (Chain stay) of a dual frame linked to the size of the frame or will a large fits a XL frame? Seems the 2016 models' parts troublesome. My one cracked due to a knock on the seat stay part - car skipped a stop and knock me off the bike - I don't want to carbon fiber repair as I am not comfortable if it will last.

Thx Chris

57 minutes ago, chris007 said:

Hi, is the rear triangle (Chain stay) of a dual frame linked to the size of the frame or will a large fits a XL frame? Seems the 2016 models' parts troublesome. My one cracked due to a knock on the seat stay part - car skipped a stop and knock me off the bike - I don't want to carbon fiber repair as I am not comfortable if it will last.

Thx Chris

As far as I know the rear triangles are the same size in order to provide similar rear travel across various frames sizes. The main traingle is the variable that determine frame size.

Having broken rear triangles in the past and talking spec's with experts, I learnt this from some clever guys.

Cheers