[Event] Ride the Rhenoster

Ride the Rhenoster

Event Name: Ride the Rhenoster
When: 27/10/2024
Where: Four Wheel Drive Club of Southern Africa -FWDCSA GAUTENG - BASE 4, Centurion, Gauteng
Category: Mountain Bike

Established in 2008 as a means to raise funds for conservation and showcase the natural beauty of the region, Ride the Rhenoster is a one day trail ride through the Crocodile River Reserve, a protected area on the doorstep of Joburg and Tshwane.

Once a year, the landowners in the Crocodile River Reserve open up their properties for you to take a scenic MTB ride through the beautiful landscapes and views just 20 minutes from Fourways. 

Riders are able to discover the beauty of the reserve and the many secrets it hides, from the mystery of ladybird castle to the Stone Man, the stone circles and the wetlands, which snake through beautiful single track and quiet district roads and discover the history of this iconic region.

This mountain bike ride for conservation features two predetermined routes of 20km and 40km, with multiple feature stops along the way. Each feature stop includes a QR Code about the special feature or a guide who will share the stories of the land and it’s features with you. 

Ride the Rhenoster is open only once a year to a small field of 300 Riders. The 40km route is a diverse technical trail. The 20km, although still challenging, has been set up with novice riders in mind. We welcome the use of E-bikes but suggest only experienced e-bike riders take on the 40km route. 

The ride has no frills, no sponsors, and no give aways. It is an opportunity for cyclists to give something back to those who protect and conserve the natural areas in Gauteng.

A portion of the proceeds from the Ride are in support of conservation.

Go to Event Page.