10k budget +- . Spoil myself for christmas

Shane Jansen

HI there everyone. 

I'm looking for advice what to go for please. Been scrolling the internet today till doomsday. Haha. 

Been riding a silverback solo4 for years. But the bike has been through the mill. 

Looking forward to the advice. 

Been looking at the silveback elites and silverback comps. But I'm sure there better value in this price range , maybe with titan ? I Def want tubeless again. 

I don't see any post like this on the forum , so it might help more people. 

Thank you. 

What size do you need / how tall are you? 

For general easy trail and gravel riding?

This looks great - sure you can stretch your budget a bit and negotiate the price down a bit - worth it;

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/hardtail-mountain-bikes/748022/signal-elite-l-gx12spd-fox32

also;

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/item/hardtail-mountain-bikes/746308/2023-silverback-stride-expert-12-speed-rockshox

Avoid SRAM NX or SX - both are hot garbage so try to find something with GX.

Shimano’s lower tier stuff is way better - Deore and above all good. 

Edited by ajnkzn

Thank you for your response. I can stretch it slightly yes. 

It will be for trail rides and gravel. 

I'm 1.74 , so maybe a maybe I reckon? 

These options look great. 

I’m 1.77 and generally ride a large - if you have longer legs and shorter torso you’ll likely be better on a medium and if you have shorter legs and longer torso large may work. 

To check, measure your height vs your “wingspan” ie stretch your arms as wide as they’ll go and see if that measurement is more or less than your height - more and you have a longer torso / arms.