Any Belville groups riding?

JPW#

I don't like the botties road, too much traffic, the best road is the one to Malmesbury, it was magic this morning out there! I passed about 30 riders....1's and 2's we could have formed a HUGE pack..sigh!

Are you riding road or mtb ?

If mtb there is a group leaving at 5 am every Sat morning from the BP garage in Kenridge.

there is also an mtb group leaving every thurs evening from Willie Engelbercht's shop at 7:30 or 8pm.

Hi to all the High Flyers' date='

This weekend is the start for the "stayers"  and the "goers". The fortunates among us will pack their bags and go, just to get away "from it all"! Recharge the batteries and hopefully, come back rejuvenated, lekka lus vir die lewe! (ek's lekker groen n??)

No problem with that. The other fortunates, the "stayers", well we can at least bank some miles and try to stay ahead of the "fat worm!"

Apparently the temperature tomorrow will be a just short of scorching, so we will have to get going at six, do what we have to do and be  back before the heat gets hold of us!

Seeing that we won't have coffee en route, we will settle for a cuppa at The Lodge when we get back!

STARTING TIME  @ 06h00 from The Lodge opposite Parc du Cap in Durban Road.

Saturday
Kuilsriver, Somerset West and back via Bottelary
Sunday
Suikerbossie via Milnerton and Sea Point. ? 85km

Food for thought:  "Life is not about growing old ... it's about growing up!"                             

Ciao,

Jan

j

Just mail Jan and ask him to add you to the mailing list: jjbmo@telkomsa.net
[/quote']

Hi

Are these rides exclusively for High Flyers? What is the average speed on these rides?

Thanks

This weekend is the start for the "stayers"  and the "goers". The fortunates among us will pack their bags and go, just to get away "from it all"! Recharge the batteries and hopefully, come back rejuvenated, lekka lus vir die lewe! (ek's lekker groen n??)

No problem with that. The other fortunates, the "stayers", well we can at least bank some miles and try to stay ahead of the "fat worm!"

Apparently the temperature tomorrow will be a just short of scorching, so we will have to get going at six, do what we have to do and be  back before the heat gets hold of us!

Seeing that we won't have coffee en route, we will settle for a cuppa at The Lodge when we get back!

Saturday
Sunday

Ciao,

Jan

j

[/quote']

Hi

Are these rides exclusively for High Flyers? What is the average speed on these rides?

Thanks

Saturday
Sunday

Ciao,

Jan

j

[/quote']

Hi

Thanks

Saturday
Sunday

Ciao,

Jan

j

[/quote']

Hi

Are these rides exclusively for High Flyers? What's the ave speed on these rides?

Thanks

Saturday
Sunday

Ciao,

Jan

j

[/quote']

Hi

Are these rides exclusively for High Flyers? What's the ave speed on these rides?

Thanks

I send out a weekly (usually Friday mornings) "newsletter" giving the riders some information what rides are planned for the weekend. As far as possible we stick to the route mentioned in order for riders, living in that area, to join us en route.

It is an "open" group, and as such, everybody is welcome.

Furthermore:

• We try to cater for all levels of riders ie. fast, slow, long rides etc (obviously depending on the numbers)

• We stop when somebody punctures or needs help
  • We abide by the traffic laws
  • We just love cycling, so no "politics"
  • The group has been riding consistently  for ? 4 years
Maybe I can put the "newsletter" on The Hub on Friday mornings? Any suggestions?

Regards

Jan

NICK GELDENHUYS PROPERTY GROUP

jjbmo@telkomsa.net

082 889 6380

Cicada2008-12-12 00:26:51

great idea! Ek dink daar is baie mense wat groepe soek in die area.

Yellowjersey, hou so aan dubbeld post dan gaan ons jou moet moer!

Eintlik is dit 'n triple post. My PC se aanhou "Server error - message not posted". Oh well, ten minste het ek my oggend-oefening in gekry - al is dit maar net die vingers wat gewerk het! LOL!

Eintlik is dit 'n triple post. My PC se aanhou "Server error - message not posted". Oh well' date=' ten minste het ek my oggend-oefening in gekry - al is dit maar net die vingers wat gewerk het! LOL![/quote']

haha, ek is jou een voor, ek het al gestap om koffie te gaan maak.

Hi to all the High Flyers,

Last weekend it was evident that the Cape was made for cycling!
It is really such an uplifting experience to see so many riders on the
road! However, we have touched on this subject before. Jokingly we
remarked that the chances of you being greeted by a  fellow cyclist
isn't great. The higher the price of the bike, the less chance that
he'll greet! Weird but to some extent, true?

Maybe we can work on this?

The south easter will be omni present all weekend. We plan to ride to
Malmesbury tomorrow,  therefore coming back will be quite 
"entertaining."  But you all know that the wind has a cyclist's number!
You go out against the wind, savouring the thought that you'll at least
get it from behind on your return trip - and then, only to find that
the wind has beaten you to it - it's reg in die bek!

If there are any Hubbers who would like to join us - please feel free,
you are most welcome. Let me have your e-mail address and I will add
your name to our mailing list.

STARTING TIME  @ 06h00 from The Lodge opposite
Parc du Cap
in Durban Road.

Saturday

Malmesbury via Durbanville ? 110kms

Sunday

Food for thought:   "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts!"                      

Ciao,

Jan

NICK GELDENHUYS PROPERTY GROUP

021 910 0363

082 889 6380