Squeaky Scott MC40 Rear Shock

Daxiet

I have been trying to get rid of a persistant squeaking from my rear shock. It seems to be created by the dust seal rubbing against the shaft. If I apply a bit of lube and give it a couple pulls (shock operates in reverse to normal shocks) the noise goes away. It normally comes back very soon after and if not it will at the first sign of water.

Had it nice an quiet at the start of Sabie, went through a little puddle after about 3-5kms and for the rest of the race sounded like I was attacking a rubber duckie. (I had a brief respite when locked out).

The shock is only due for service in July. Any ideas on how to get rid of the squeak?

Thanks

send your shock in for a service. ask for your dustwiper to be replaced. that will probably take the squick away. alternatively phone pieter du plessis at probike in port-elizabeth, he services the scott genius rear suspensions.