Wanna buy a new MTB... Please Help!!

Mad Dog

Dual sus definitely has an advantage over HT in that you don't have to pick your line as carefully as you have to on the HT. You can also last longer because of the rear shock has on the diffusion of the bumps in the track.

Plus, you can go a lot faster and be more confident that the bike can handle that *little bit* extra than a HT can... Big drop offs, rocky descents where the HT would be bucking like a bronco would see a good duallie "living the dream", so to speak.

Saying that, I am an HT guy - love my bike, and won't go for a dual susser just yet because:

A) I can't afford a good one

2) I want to get my technical skills up to a higher level (which the HT will allow me to do a lot faster than a dual sus) so that if I do ever have a "moment" on the duallie, I can get out of it because I've handled a lot worse on the HT.

As for the GT - it's a good looking bike... one of my mates own one and he loves it...

Just got myself an Ex8. Been pondering a purchase for ages and was going to go HT and then found a just cant say no deal on the dual. Absolute beauty of a bike and looking forward to a proper ride on it tomorrow morn. Took it out Thurs morn for just a bit buts its crap in the dark and I still have to work out this suspension thing. Nothing nicer than a great ride that also looks so damn nice. Broke the bank and now have to find some ammo for the curtais my wife was looking forward to getting. Just work harder now !!!

TZmtb.I just bought myself the Mongoose Lady Canaan Elite..its a super bike for your wife and its under R20k if you pay cash..

Candz2009-05-15 01:55:07

If you are quick you can get Trek Fuel EX7 for R15k (normally sells for R22k) from Westrand Cycles. They're opening their new shop and his got 4 left!

TZmtb.I just bought myself the Mongoose Lady Canaan Elite..its a super bike for your wife and its under R20k if you pay cash..

Thanks Candz, that is a great looking bike. My brother rides a mongoose and he is very happy with it.

What is the weight of that bike?

there are deals all over the show. U just have to be lucky and call everyone. I think solomons will be doing a close out soon on trek 2008 models.