Road group rides in cape town

seanm

hi there, i am new to cape town, is there any road group rides that happen weekly in the milnerton or close area's.

thanks alot!!

During summer there is 2 groups going to Either Chapmans Peak or Camps Bay every Saturday morning. During winter there are rides but very limited. You do not say where you live in Milnerton. Just an idea as there are maybe a few clubs close to you that you can hook up with.

Welcome in the valley!!!

thanks Leet!! iv been living in camps bay for a few months and im loving it. its realy nice to ride out to chapies and wat not! but i am moving to royal ascot next month and i wana find a few riding buddies!! seanm2009-06-03 11:11:45

I live in Royal Ascot Big%20smile Only problem is i cant commit to anything on a regular basis. But will ride if im able to Clap

I live in Royal Ascot Big%20smile Only problem is i cant commit to anything on a regular basis. But will ride if im able to Clap

Hey you pansie go and ride with the man!!!!!LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Work is a bit*h and with the Lions coming in soon

Censored

Work is a bit*h and with the Lions coming in soon

Censored

You playing or feeding?LOLLOL

I live on the edge of Milnerton and ride with the City Cycling Club based in Edgemead. Easy 15 min ride from Milnerton and non-club members are welcome with no hassle. Great bunch of people to ride with. Go to www.citycyclingclub.org .

Also recommend City Cycling Club. This weekend:

Saturday 6 June 2009 at 07h00

We will meet at the Edgemead community Centre next to the Sports fields on Edgemead drive for an easy club ride of about 50-60 Km.The route will be decided on the day, depending on the weather, but will either be to Duynefontein, or over Tickiedraai with a loop around Durbanville and back over 12th Avenue and Parow golf Club.Join us for a cup of coffee afterwards at the Wild Bean cafe

For the racing MTB "dirty boys and girls" There is a race in Robertson at PARU FARM on the McGregor road starting at 08h30. Note only experienced riders should attempt the long (42 Km) ride  as it includes "challenging and technical climbs and descents" . If you want to ride this with a few members contact Tony Buteux or Gary Baxter, who have indicated they will be participating.

Sunday 7 June 2009at 07h00

We will meet at the BP Letchworth Service Station next to the Edgemead Shopping Centre for a longer ride  (+- 80-90 Km) to Stellenbosch past Zevenwaght and over Polkadraai, returning via Joostenberg with a stop for Coffee at Klein Joostenberg. From there we will cross over  the N1 and return via fesantekraal and  Durbanville, over the back of Tickiedraai.

I'm also interested in doing the Saturday ride Big%20smile

Also recommend City Cycling Club. This weekend:

Saturday 6 June 2009 at 07h00

We will meet at the Edgemead community Centre next to the Sports fields on Edgemead drive for an easy club ride of about 50-60 Km.The route will be decided on the day' date=' depending on the weather, but will either be to Duynefontein, or over Tickiedraai with a loop around Durbanville and back over 12th Avenue and Parow golf Club.Join us for a cup of coffee afterwards at the Wild Bean cafe

For the racing MTB "dirty boys and girls" There is a race in Robertson at PARU FARM on the McGregor road starting at 08h30. Note only experienced riders should attempt the long (42 Km) ride  as it includes "challenging and technical climbs and descents" . If you want to ride this with a few members contact Tony Buteux or Gary Baxter, who have indicated they will be participating.

Sunday 7 June 2009at 07h00

We will meet at the BP Letchworth Service Station next to the Edgemead Shopping Centre for a longer ride  (+- 80-90 Km) to Stellenbosch past Zevenwaght and over Polkadraai, returning via Joostenberg with a stop for Coffee at Klein Joostenberg. From there we will cross over  the N1 and return via fesantekraal and  Durbanville, over the back of Tickiedraai.

[/quote']

Guest coenie

There is also www.theoutriders.co.za and they ride from Parklands, Planet Fitness...

Leaving at 7:30 on Saturday and Sunday, and they also have a mountain bike group...

There is also www.theoutriders.co.za and they ride from Parklands' date=' Planet Fitness...

Leaving at 7:30 on Saturday and Sunday, and they also have a mountain bike group...
[/quote'] Yep you can me mdk at theoutriders dot co dot za and we will put you on our email database.

hope to meet you soon

what pace are these rides at? avrage speed??

Do you want a fast paced training ride or a more relaxed ride or just a very cool social ride?