Critical Mass 26 June 2009

TitusTi

The weather is bad, I know, but it is going to improve to give us a nice clear run on Friday morning, be good to see you all for a nice mid winter ride in well kind of nice weather.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

When:

This coming Friday the 26th of June 2009.

Where:

There are 2 meeting points, Point A being at the Baxter at 06:45, and Point B being at the CTICC at 07:15.

How:

Well, we ride our bikes from the Baxter go over the Mowbray bridge (Durban Road) then hook along Liesbeek Parkway into Lower Main (actually called Albert Road (thanks Paul)) road into town. Then we head down Adderley street until we get to the turn off for the CTICC, pick up the troops and continue our March through the waterfront, out the other side onto Beach road all the way to the border of Sea Point, then we head back into town along Main road Green Point and then all head off to work.

It got going like this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_Mass

And here we are on the international list (feel free to add comments): http://criticalmass.wikia.com/wiki/Cape_Town

Why:

Hmm, always the interesting question. Essentially what we?re hoping to achieve is to educate drivers that there is a viable way to commute to work and that they don?t have to sit in their cars and be miserable all the way through to work. So, in this regard, we wear what we?re going to be wearing at work. Pretty simple idea, ?eh?

Who:

Well, everyone, if you ride a bike it should be your duty to be there, if you want to make at least some sort of difference, even if it?s not huge at least it?s a start, it creates debate and it allows us to educate others that what we do is not only practical and better but pretty bloody cool to.

Right then, see you all on Friday then?

Send this out to anyone and everyone, whether they care or not.

Hey TitusTi, sorry I missed you when I was down in CT in Jan!

Did it happen? Updates needed Tongue