tube blow out

RedDevil

I rode today from Cape Town to Langebaan (yes, the wind WAS my friend today Big%20smile)

But then after the ride, I put the bike in the car, had a beer (or 3) at pearly's and then when I got to the car, noticed that my front bike tyre was completely down. On inspection at home, it was clear that the tyre had ripped, but there was the most huge hole in the tube...is it possible I rode with this??? Absolutely bizarre IMHO...

20091018_115546_tyre_rip.JPG

20091018_120226_Tube_rip.JPG

yeah, it was hot & windy as hell but full sun so guess in the car the heat was pretty intense. Guess that's a definite possibilty windblown. Thanks.

I had the some problem once. Left the bike in the car on a very hot day and when I got back I had a hole the size of a R5 coin in the tire and tube.

I can throw a spanner in the works for you guys.

The other morning, at about 02h30, my wife and I were woken up by a loud whistling sound followed by a Burp, Fart and a Gurggle!

On closer inspection the tyre had burst on my bike. Rode it about 12 hours before and I cant believe heat had anything to do with it at that time of the morning.

Oh, yeah and before going to sleep I did check that I hadnt messed in the bed, or my PJ pants, as I got a "moerse" fright.

Big%20smile

The other morning' date=' at about 02h30, my wife and I were woken up by a loud whistling sound followed by a Burp, Fart and a Gurggle!

On closer inspection the tyre had burst on my bike. Rode it about 12 hours before and I cant believe heat had anything to do with it at that time of the morning.

Oh, yeah and before going to sleep I did check that I hadnt messed in the bed, or my PJ pants, as I got a "moerse" fright.

Big%20smile
[/quote']

That part just caused me to hurt my ass as I fell from the couch laughing. Thanks for that.LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

The other morning' date=' at about 02h30, my wife and I were woken up by a loud whistling sound followed by a Burp, Fart and a Gurggle!

Big%20smile
[/quote']Were u on holiday in Langebaan in Western Cape or was it at homeBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

Big%20smile
[/quote']Were u on holiday in Langebaan in Western Cape or was it at homeBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smileBig%20smile

LOLLOLLOL Ja! It wasnt so funny at the time!!

Hey SHIMANO - I was at home in PE!! - so Langebaan isnt the common denominator either!!

Onetime- I reckon if you were still in the car when your tyre burst, Im quite sure you would have "soiled" the seat - LOL!!

Big%20smile

LOLLOLLOL Ja! It wasnt so funny at the time!!

Hey SHIMANO - I was at home in PE!! - so Langebaan isnt the common denominator either!!

Onetime- I reckon if you were still in the car when your tyre burst, Im quite sure you would have "soiled" the seat - LOL!!

I think you are 100% correct.

Imagine that thing going while you are close to it.LOL

I would be scared to cycle for that long on the west coast road, i pose this question without being a knob , dont you think it is a little dangerous????

Hey Gravity - it's not such a bad road really because you can cycle in the "yellow line" lane & stay pretty much out of harm's way. The nightmare at present however are the long stretches with road works & that makes it a bit more dangerous than normal. I also turn off the R27 & ride through the West Coast National Park when I get there just after Yzerfontain & that part is really pleasant even tho I did have a relatively close encounter with an enormous Cape Cobra yesterday Shocked

Makes the ride quite interesting!

Cheers