Runners

428 others

I want to live in harmony with everyone' date=' but I must say that I have been forced to cycle into oncomming traffic before due to a bunch of 50

+ runners coming down my side of the road in a bunch.

It all starts with mutual respect for one another wich does not exist in SA.

But one thing is cycling has made me a better driver. Before I started cycling I did not realise how badly I actually drove. Now I look at other road users and think sh*t I used to do that without even realising it. Its  all about educating each other and trying to work together and applies to all aspects of road use. Most the time people do not actually see or realise what they doing is wrong or just plain stupid.
[/quote']

Its called a race and 50 vs 1 is a bit out numbered so I would move out the way. Big%20smile 

A RACE AT 4:45 AM on a tuesday morning, hmmmmmmmmm not sure about that. I agree 50 vs 1 is a little out numbered but the problem with moving out the way is having to move into the path of Jane so and so comming in the opposite direction in her X 5 at about 140km/hr on her way to gym. One is faced with 3 choices.... 50 angry runners, playing chicken with an X5 or climbing the pavement with those nice rims you just bought like a month ago. Its not a great position to be in. Ouch

the solution would be to give us all our own lanes. runners lanes, cycling lanes and motor lanes. Then we can stop worrying about each other and only worry about the taxisLOL

I run. (I swim). I cycle. I ride my GS12. I have a bakkie. I've got a C1 economy car.........it's getting freekin expensive; trying to keep everyone happy' date=' just so i can relate to everyone's "pain" on the roads. Beginning to think that I should be an asshole all the time to everyone ;no matter what mode I'm in!

But if pressed, IMO, cyclists are the biggest tossers on the road with the biggest egos...and i don't give a ratsass if BigH doesn't think I'm qualified to 1. Write this thread or 2. Be on the same forum as him.

Should I smiley2.gif ...so i don't hurt anyone's feelings?[/quote']

You dont hurt my feelings HH, actually I agree.

..........and as for runners, well, I am more of a runner than a cyclist, I run with at least 6 guys every morning, single file, on the verge or the pavement, I must see hundreds of runners every week, single file, on the verge or the pavement.

So theres a few idiots, fair enough, but collectively I would still say cyclists are far,far,far,far,far, worse offenders.

Every now and then Cyclists are in the firing line for riding abreast.

So this morning on my training ride' date=' I encounter 3 runners, running abreast. Of course they are running in my lane, and as I approached them, they would not move behind each other or run on the sidewalk! I had to move out of the way! smiley7.gif[/quote']

Hectic.

But if pressed' date=' IMO, cyclists are the biggest tossers on the road with the biggest egos...and i don't give a ratsass if BigH doesn't think I'm qualified to 1. Write this thread or 2. Be on the same forum as him.

have to agree cyclists are tossers deluxe when it comes to ruling the road.

i myself am one, we are also the most vulnerable.

leave the runners alone, they do their stuff and most times will let you through

I run. (I swim). I cycle. I ride my GS12. I have a bakkie. I've got a C1 economy car.........it's getting freekin expensive; trying to keep everyone happy' date=' just so i can relate to everyone's "pain" on the roads. Beginning to think that I should be an asshole all the time to everyone ;no matter what mode I'm in!

But if pressed, IMO, cyclists are the biggest tossers on the road with the biggest egos...and i don't give a ratsass if BigH doesn't think I'm qualified to 1. Write this thread or 2. Be on the same forum as him.

You dont hurt my feelings HH, actually I agree.

..........and as for runners, well, I am more of a runner than a cyclist, I run with at least 6 guys every morning, single file, on the verge or the pavement, I must see hundreds of runners every week, single file, on the verge or the pavement.

So theres a few idiots, fair enough, but collectively I would still say cyclists are far,far,far,far,far, worse offenders.

To your point!- Just this very morning was I almost ridden over by 3 tossers oblivious to their surroundings. And you cant miss me on the trail - I'm the one (running) with the pooches in tow. This I have to do every 2 days to keep them out of mischief, and just about once a week I have an encounter with a cyclist who gets far to close - do they realy expect me to give way when there's plenty of space for them, more so when they pass me from behind?

I exercise it all the time - when I swim, when I run, when I cycle, when I drive - Courtesy! Too many cyclists havent a clue!!!

Oskika2009-10-28 15:22:47

well thats it, if everybody practised courtey, the problem would be solved. I think people get to wound up in there own egos to courtious to each other.

I vote for courtesy and harmony

I want to live in harmony with everyone' date=' but I must say that I have been forced to cycle into oncomming traffic before due to a bunch of 50

+ runners coming down my side of the road in a bunch.

It all starts with mutual respect for one another wich does not exist in SA.

But one thing is cycling has made me a better driver. Before I started cycling I did not realise how badly I actually drove. Now I look at other road users and think sh*t I used to do that without even realising it. Its  all about educating each other and trying to work together and applies to all aspects of road use. Most the time people do not actually see or realise what they doing is wrong or just plain stupid.
[/quote']

Its called a race and 50 vs 1 is a bit out numbered so I would move out the way. Big%20smile 

A RACE AT 4:45 AM on a tuesday morning, hmmmmmmmmm not sure about that. I agree 50 vs 1 is a little out numbered but the problem with moving out the way is having to move into the path of Jane so and so comming in the opposite direction in her X 5 at about 140km/hr on her way to gym. One is faced with 3 choices.... 50 angry runners, playing chicken with an X5 or climbing the pavement with those nice rims you just bought like a month ago. Its not a great position to be in. Ouch

What are was this in?  It may be best to try and get hold of the club chairman.  These morning runs are often well organised by a running club. I can't think of many clubs who would be very happy with their members taking over the road, I know our chairman takes this sort of thing quite seriously. 

never seen a runner looking like they're having a jol.

I couldn't agree more. Running, much like road biking, is merely a torturous and masochistic task, requiring very little technical skill with no real variation. Ever seen a runner smiling? I certainly never have, but I've never seen bigger grins than after a succesfull big downhill run.

never seen a runner looking like they're having a jol.

I couldn't agree more. Running' date=' much like road biking, is merely a torturous and masochistic task, requiring very little technical skill with no real variation. Ever seen a runner smiling? I certainly never have, but I've never seen bigger grins than after a succesfull big downhill run.[/quote']

clearly you're a mountain biker. roadies used to be considered rude, i think the mountain bikers can now call them selves the smug chosed a-holes who much like surfers, think they're too cool for the rest of us!

i've never seen a mountain biker smiling while climbing hills either, they too have these stupid little smirk smiles when they've finished a ride, and to make them look even more pathetic, they're covered in mud and dirt. twits!