tubbies glue!*%?!

thysmeades

hi guys, please help. does anybody know how to remove the glue from a carbon tubby rim? The previous owner of these rims loved contact glue (and probably applied a who tin to the job) and I want to give them a very good clean before glueing new tubbies on.

thanks

Thys

You should leave the glue on. The build up make them stick better. You should only remove the parts that will cause the tyre to run uneven.

Whatever you do dont use any solvents. If you have to remove is use mecahnical means, use plastic tools or finger nails.

Okay, I will be scared to do that to my carbin rims (if I had a set).

Carbon911 - I still want those EC90 SLX of yours.

Thinners, parrafin, white spirits etc will all work just be careful of the decals, i've seen a new set of Eastons require new decals after the dude splashed thinners everywhere because he managed to get glue everywhere...

However having said that i agree with desmondalie and leave the glue on as it gives a better bond...so long as theres no glue on the braking surfaces...

thanks guys for all the comments. I just wish there was an easier way. But I will try some of the tips above..

Thys