First woman solo round SA

Mamba

Jolande has been riding solo round the circumference of SA for some weeks now. She started in Linden Jhb then rode to Richards bay then down the coast through the Ciskei and Transkei, Garden route all the way down to Cape Town through some terrible weather. She then rode up the West coast then turned east going through places like Pofadder etc. she has now reached Upington. She's due back on the 10th of January after riding round the bulge at the top of SA and coming down the East side then back to Jhb. You can link with her website on www.jolandie.co.za (note that the spelling is with a J not a y) it will also lead you to her facebook page. I've been following her on Google maps. That way it's rather nice to see the terrain that she is riding through. She is one brave girl. Her next step is to ride round Africa.

I agree - what an adventure. I'm pretty inspired to do something like that myself. Haven't seen enough of the country. What a great way to do it. Nice and slow.